A volcano can be a fun science experiment to do for a school project or event. Made using items you can find in your home, a homemade volcano can be an impressive addition to any school science fair.
- soda bottle
- food color
- Place the soda bottle on a cookie sheet, or any other surface where you would like to create your volcano that will not leak after it erupts.
- Mix together the flour, salt, oil and water in a bowl to create a dough with which to build the outside of your volcano. Add a drop or two of food coloring to the mix to create a colored volcano.
- Mold the dough around your soda bottle to create your volcano. Allow the dough to dry overnight.
- Fill your soda bottle halfway with water and add six drops of detergent and 2 tbsp. of baking soda when you’re ready to make your volcano erupt.
- Slowly pour in vinegar to make the volcano erupt.